[yocto] [RFT] Moving on from eglibc to glibc 2.20

Khem Raj raj.khem at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 23:41:50 PDT 2014

Hi All

As we all know eglibc has been merged back into glibc and 2.19 was the
last release, here I have put together the recipes for upcoming glibc
2.20 release and removed eglibc 2.19 in favor of move.

I also thought about leaving eglibc in there but then eglibc and glibc
were pretty much same as they always have been that it would be an
incremental change with lot more patches this time.

The tree is here

http://git.openembedded.org/openembedded-core-contrib/log/?h=kraj/eglibc-to-glibc-2.20

This has not recieved much testing yet and I am looking out for helping
hands here, so try it out in your buid environments and machines of
interest and report back on issues.

The patches also forward port the options group support and few other
patches from eglibc, details are in commit logs, which I think would make
good candidates for future glibc merge.

This tree will be reworked and rebased so sync back if you see issues
which we will address here

Thanks for your help

-Khem