[yocto] Image that depends on another image

Seth Bollinger seth.boll at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 04:43:09 PDT 2014

On Thu, Aug 21, 2014 at 7:25 PM, Christopher Larson <clarson at kergoth.com>
wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 21, 2014 at 5:08 PM, Seth Bollinger <seth.boll at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Our device requires two images to be built.  Is there any way to have the
>> first image depend on the second image?
>

> do_rootfs[depends] += "some-other-image:do_rootfs" would probably do.

I hate to resurrect this thread, but after testing this out and using it we
ran into a small hiccup.  Since we're using the second image to generate a
second partition, a lot of the dependencies actually need to be injected
into the first image (users, utilities, etc.).  Is there a way to do this?

Thanks again!

Seth