[yocto] building a hierarchical poky variable glossary, noting what's missing

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Wed Aug 27 01:14:01 PDT 2014

On Tue, 26 Aug 2014, Rifenbark, Scott M wrote:

> Robert,
>
> I can see your link being referenced from the YP ref-manual to
> augment variable descriptions and explanations.  Also, your
> compilation could act as another source of information similar to
> the list of "other information" items that currently are shown at
> the front of the dev-manual.

  this whole thing will come in fits and spurts, and may even be
redesigned completely if i think of a better way but, for the time
being, if you're bored :-), you can always peruse it from time to
time and note the variables that aren't included either in
documentation.conf or the ref manual and do something about them:

http://www.crashcourse.ca/wiki/index.php/Poky_Variable_Glossary

of course, it's impossible to document *every* variable but in some
cases, it's obvious that some variables deserve documentation.

rday

                        http://crashcourse.ca