[yocto] Boot Logo support

Mengeringhausen, Paul paul.mengeringhausen at andron.de
Tue Aug 19 23:48:59 PDT 2014

Hello!

I have a custom board with imx233 Freescale Processor running linux from a Yocto Denzil distribution. I want to display a custom bootlogo at system boot, everything was fine until I disabled "framebuffer console support" in the kernel options.
I had to disable this because I don't need the console in my application, I am writing directly to the framebuffer when my userspace application has loaded and the blinking cursor of the console is bothering. Additionally the console welcome message is overwriting the bootlogo, that's also not nice.
Is there an easy way to display the kernel bootlogo without having to enable the console on my fb device?

Thanks,
Greetings,
Paul