[yocto] Kernel driver for Turbosight TBS6285 DVB card

Chris Tapp opensource at keylevel.com
Tue Aug 19 14:26:31 PDT 2014

I need to include the kernel driver for the Turbosight TBS6285 DVB card in an image.

The official bundle at http://www.tbsdtv.com/download/document/common/tbs-linux-drivers_v140707.zip includes the drivers and a load of other "stuff" (e.g. a full V4L build).

LinuxTV.org have the drivers extracted into a .tar.bz2 at (e.g.) http://linuxtv.org/downloads/drivers/linux-media-LATEST.tar.bz2, so I plan to use this as the download source.

So far I have a recipe which downloads from this URL and extracts the files into the work area and ${WORKAREA}/drivers/media includes a Makefile and Kconfig.

I've looked at the Yocto documentation, but this doesn't seem to be a good match for the "Out of tree" kernel module case.

How should I proceed from here? Is there another driver I can use as a starting point?

--

Chris Tapp
opensource at keylevel.com
www.keylevel.com