[yocto] Minutes: Yocto Project Technical Team Meeting - Tuesday, August 12, 2014 8:00 AM US Pacific Time

Jolley, Stephen K stephen.k.jolley at intel.com
Tue Aug 12 08:26:08 PDT 2014

Attendees: Markus, Richard, Stephen, Tom, Joe, Nitin, Saul, Michael, Alex V, Mathew, Denys, Jeff, Jefro, Mark, Ross, Paul, Belen,

Alex D,

* Opens collection - 5 min (Stephen)

* Yocto Project status - 5 min (Stephen/team)

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Project_v1.7_Status

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_1.7_Schedule

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_1.7_Features

YP 1.7 M2 is to be published this week.  YP 1.6.2 & 1.5.4 are not yet ready and have no serious driver to do a release.   Some more OpenSSL patches have been posted and might drive releases.

* SWAT team rotation: Paul -> Ross

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Build_Failure_Swat_Team

* Opens - 10 min

* Team Sharing - 10 min

Michael - We are continuing to add build capacity to the Autobuilder system.

Richard - We are seeing bugs in the tool chain. We are working on doing some automated testing on the tool chain to improve reliability. If someone wants to assist by adding test cases to the tool chain the help would be welcome.

Michael - At LinuxCon from August 20-22, if you are planning to attend catch him to meet up.

Paul - We are about to release the Automated Upgrade Helper.  It should help automatically update recipes to get latest upgrades for items.

Nitin - Work on a feature Dynamic Image Configuration.  If you are interested working with Nitin please contact him.

Thanks,

Stephen K. Jolley
Yocto Project Program Manager
INTEL, MS JF1-255, 2111 N.E. 25th Avenue, Hillsboro, OR 97124
*   Work Telephone:          (503) 712-0534
*    Cell:                                (208) 244-4460
* Email:                             stephen.k.jolley at intel.com