[yocto] Force recipe to provide specific file

Richard Leitner richard.leitner at skidata.com
Tue Aug 12 05:20:43 PDT 2014

Hello folks,
is there a possibility to force a recipe to provide a specific file?

My problem is that my own recipe is providing a file which is already provided
by another recipe. I don't want to change that other recipe and the rootfs
should include both package but only the specified file from my package.

The following message is produced by bitbake:

WARNING: The recipe ghostscript is trying to install files into a shared area
when those files already exist. Those files and their manifest location are:
   /opt/yocto/poky/build_2.2/tmp/sysroots/board/usr/lib/cups/filter/gstopxl
   Matched in manifest-board-cups-filters.populate_sysroot
   /opt/yocto/poky/build_2.2/tmp/sysroots/board/usr/lib/cups/filter/gstoraster
   Matched in manifest-board-cups-filters.populate_sysroot
Please verify which package should provide the above files.

The only solution which came to my mind is to remove the file from the original
recipe using a bbappend, but I think this isn't a really "clean" way.

Does anybody have another/better idea how to solve this "problem"?

Thanks!

regards,
richard

P.S.: I hope I'm on the correct mailing list, if not please drop me a line!