[yocto] Installing Application Development SDK hangs when using "screen"

Pierre Yves MORDRET pierre-yves.mordret at st.com
Thu Aug 7 06:59:54 PDT 2014

Hi there,

I have a tricky issue to sort out. I'm using a build server(Ubuntu 12.04 LTS) for building my Yocto project and Application Dev SDK (bitbake -c populate_sdk).
On this build server I 'm used to using "screen" tool. Using "screen" and bitbake at the same time seems to have no issues.

However when installing the App. Dev. SDK via self-installer, it hangs every time after a while. The culprit seems to be "screen".
If I am IN a "screen" session OR I am OUT "screen" session but there is a running screen session that belongs to me, it hangs.

Did someone experience such trouble ? Any ideas ?

Thanks in advance
Pierre-Yves