[yocto] question about installing multiple versions of a single library

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Wed Aug 6 09:11:08 PDT 2014

Hi Robert,

On Monday 04 August 2014 05:29:45 Rifenbark, Scott M wrote:
> [...]

The specific versions of clutter may no longer exist in the metadata, but we do
still use this scheme for clutter recipes and others (gstreamer comes to
mind). The point is you change PN to be version-specific - you have clutter-1.6
and clutter-1.8, such that you can depend on the specific version where needed.

To be honest I think this section outlines the use case fairly well.
Suggestions on how we could improve the explanation would be welcome though.

Cheers,
Paul

--

Paul Eggleton