[yocto] [Tizen General] Build Tizen with yocto work-flow

Kévin THIERRY kevin.thierry at open.eurogiciel.org
Mon Aug 4 00:52:50 PDT 2014

On 02/08/2014 17:35, Alex J Lennon wrote:
>>> No problem Kévin. I'm glad you feel it is of some use. I'm getting other
>>> recipes failing now with bash. What I'll probably do is let it run to
>>> completion with bitbake -k and collate the failures.
>>>
>>> Hopefully that'll be some useful feedback in terms of a build on Ubuntu
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>>
>>> Alex
>>>
> Kévin,
>
> I made some progress with a USB installation of Yocto Tizen and a VirtualBox disk.
That's good news ! Did you have to make some changes in meta-tizen ? If
so, could you send us your patches so we can integrate them ? Thanks !

> Both a Samsung laptop running from USB and a VirtualBox machine boot, but after mounting the root filesystem they go extremely slowly.
>
> They get to "failed to get machine ID" and then it's taking a minute or two before new output appears. Then screen goes black and I don't appear to get any further.
>
> e.g. https://www.dropbox.com/sc/ckc84doykfnyvwp/AAAA7s_wocGh1PNUJ3tfIMBLa?n=17361870

We already encountered this issue in the past unfortunately we don't
know what causes that. We didn't get this issue recently so we are
unable to reproduce it. I'm wondering if it could be linked too the use
of a USB (we are not using USB anymore to test the images since it's not
very convenient). I will put an image on a USB stick and see how it goes.

If you have more ideas about what could cause this issue we would be
glad to know them.

Kevin