[yocto] Kernel config fragments are not applied

Bruce Ashfield bruce.ashfield at windriver.com
Wed Apr 30 21:29:34 PDT 2014

On 2014-04-30, 5:08 PM, Bruce Ashfield wrote:
> On 14-04-28 09:54 AM, Neuer User wrote:
>> Am 28.04.2014 15:37, schrieb Bruce Ashfield:
>>>
>>> If you send me pointers to your bblayers and local.conf settings, I'll
>>> run a build to see what happens here as well.
>>>
>>> I'm always interested in tracking these down regardless.
>>>
>>> Bruce
>>>

>> Testing this should be pretty straightforward, if see that correctly.
>
> I'm heading out, but wanted to send an update. I can confirm that
> there are some issues on master as it currently stands .. but the
> good news, is that in my queue of changes for Yocto 1.7, you can
> seamlessly add fragement support to that recipe and it works.
>
> I'll be looking at this again later, and will send a branch reference
> for testing. I need to bisect for the particular change first, since
> the entire queue can't go into the tree yet (it breaks some use cases).
> But I will submit the ones that fix this case.

I'm glad that I looked again, I though there was an error without my
clean up series .. but what I was seeing was a legitimate double
application of the patch.

What error where you seeing when you tried a bbappend like so:

FILESEXTRAPATHS_prepend := "${THISDIR}/${PN}-${PV}:"

inherit kernel
require recipes-kernel/linux/linux-yocto.inc

COMPATIBLE_MACHINE_cubox-i = "(cubox-i)"

SRC_URI += "file://videoin.cfg"

Your error message will set me straight .. and tell me if it is just
the late night hacking fooling my eyes .. or not!

Bruce