[yocto] Blacklisting drivers in poky or in yocto project

Sudhangathan B S sudhangathan at gmail.com
Wed Apr 30 13:16:41 PDT 2014

Yes i confirm the loading of modules everytime using lsmod.

I'm using the standard installation of yocto project from Gumstix Repo, and
also the PM branch kernel from Kevin Hilman's repo. Kernel version is 3.4.
So i did not specify autoloading of modules anywhere.

A grep of module_autoload showed kernel-module-split.bbclass as a
reference. Is this the file you are talking about..? It will be good to
know if it is because this module_autoload..!!

And moreover I now have a doubt if the blaclisting is not working because
of the dependencies. I will reply again after blacklisting all related
drivers. Esp. the cfg802 driver.

Thanks Bruce,

Sudhangathan BS.

Working on a MMX Android 110.
--If you have not travelled, you have not lived.

http://www.cyberciti.biz/tips/avoid-linux-kernel-module-driver-autoloading.html