[yocto] can one lay hands on a galileo-based dev kit?

Alex J Lennon ajlennon at dynamicdevices.co.uk
Tue Apr 29 09:43:43 PDT 2014

On 29/04/2014 17:34, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
>   i've just been asked to design a linux device drivers course based
> on the arduino-compatible intel galileo processor, so my first TODO
> item is to lay hands on a galileo-based dev kit, for which this looks
> like the obvious choice:
>
> https://software.intel.com/en-us/iotdevkit
>
> but that page says "upcoming". does it exist? my normal go-to source
> up here, digikey.ca, shows zero in stock. where can i lay hands on
> one (if possible)? thanks.

If it helps I had a Galileo Dev Kit delivered from RS (UK) a couple of
days ago.

http://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/processor-microcontroller-development-kits/7919611/

(I'm actually a bit confused about how the Galileo IoT collection of
meta-foo layers relates to the primary meta-foo
 sources, as I can't seem to find an independent meta-clanton ;ayer
which I guess I'd need. Early days yet, but am planning
 on working through this as soon as I get some time as I want to test a
build with meta-moo support on Galileo)

Cheers, Alex