[yocto] Question about remote debugging via gdbserver

Rudolf Streif rstreif at linuxfoundation.org
Mon Apr 28 11:30:34 PDT 2014

Hi Frederico,

Sorry for the delayed response.

If you want to step into code for which the debugger does not have the
source info Eclipse should actually tell you. But as a prerequisite you
will need to install the dev and debug packages for gstreamer (and
eventually others) to the root file system you are using on your
development host. For that you need to tell YP to include them which you do
by adding dev-pkg and dbg-pkg to EXTRA_IMAGE_INSTALL in the conf/local.conf
file of your build environment.

Rudi