[yocto] Kernel config fragments are not applied

Neuer User auslands-kv at gmx.de
Mon Apr 28 06:35:37 PDT 2014

Am 28.04.2014 15:16, schrieb Bruce Ashfield:
> It all depends on how adventurous you are today :) Using a defconfig
> will work, and you can generate one without much trouble. Using
> fragments will allow you to keep your changes separate from the
> baseline configuration, but you'll need to tweak the recipe .. which
> always carries a risk of some unexpected side effects.
>
> I'm around to help regardless of which way you chose.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Bruce

Well, I looked at the linux-yocto file and tried a couple of
combinations in my bbappend. All of them geenrated lots of different errors.

e.g. I used:

FILESEXTRAPATHS_prepend := "${THISDIR}/${PN}-${PV}:"

COMPATIBLE_MACHINE_cubox-i = "(cubox-i)"

SRC_URI += "file://videoin.cfg"

addtask kernel_configme before do_configure after do_patch

# Pick up shared functions
inherit kernel
inherit kernel-yocto
#require linux-dtb.inc

# extra tasks
addtask kernel_configcheck after do_configure before do_compile

The error messages are too long to include here :-/

Guess, it is probably best to go the defconfig way.