[yocto] Kernel config fragments are not applied

Bruce Ashfield bruce.ashfield at windriver.com
Mon Apr 28 06:03:20 PDT 2014

On 14-04-28 04:03 AM, Neuer User wrote:
> Hello
>
> I am trying to add a custom kernel config to my layer. I followed the
> following guide:
> http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/1.6/dev-manual/dev-manual.html#creating-config-fragments
>
> I have the following files in my layer:
>
> recipes-kernel/linux/linux-cubox-i_3.0.35.bbappend:

The answer to your question depends on the base linux-cubox-i
recipe.

Config fragment support works for kernels that inherit from linux-yocto,
versus ones that inherit directly from kernel.bbclass. So if you
pop open that base recipe, and look for a reference to linux-yocto.inc,
you'll have the answer.

It is possible to bbappend the linux-yocto support into the kernel
recipe via your layer, and might be worth a try.

The separation between the two classes exists to not break compatibility
with existing kernel recipes, or change long standing oe workflow with
the existing classes.

Cheers,

Bruce