[yocto] Binary {deb,rpm} package install without repackaging

Richard Leitner - SKIDATA Richard.Leitner at skidata.com
Mon Apr 28 00:59:14 PDT 2014

Hi everybody,
I've got a question regarding the binary deb/rpm packages in yocto.

Is there any possibility to install a binary deb/rpm package in the rootfs build without repackaging it?
Naively I'm for example thinking of an option in the image recipe like:
ADDITIONAL_PACKAGES += "/path/to/package.{deb,rpm}"

The point is that all possible solutions I found using recipes are extracting and then repackaging the package.
Due to the fact that during the repackaging all meta data and {pre,post}{rm,inst} scripts of the original package are lost this is a "no-go" for me.

I'd appreciate any help and hints!

Thanks!

best regards,
Richard