[yocto] How does python-native work?

Chris Larson clarson at kergoth.com
Wed Apr 23 08:51:32 PDT 2014

On Wed, Apr 23, 2014 at 8:44 AM, Gary Thomas <gary at mlbassoc.com> wrote:

> First, it's a bit worrisome that you're inheriting a class for distutils
>> when your build doesn't actually use distutils.. but beyond that, I don't
>> think the classes inherited by
>> distutils assume you'll be running python-config. Add this:
>>
>>      export BUILD_SYS
>>      export HOST_SYS
>>

> I went back to only inheriting pythonnative (I was a bit
> overzealous to follow your 'or a class that inherits it').
>
> I found that I also needed:
>   export STAGING_INCDIR
>   export STAGING_LIBDIR
>
> Perhaps pythonnative should imply those exports, as without
> them, python-config is useless.
>
> Anyway, now the recipe successfully builds the python interface!!

Ah! I knew there was exports needed, but apparently I remembered them
wrong. Sorry about that. Glad you got it going, though. I don't think
pythonnative exporting those would necessarily be appropriate, though. Not
everyone inheriting pythonnative needs to do anything more than run python
itself :) Perhaps we need a new class.. though the class proliferation is
already a bit much.
--
Christopher Larson
clarson at kergoth dot com