[yocto] [RFT] gcc 4.9

Khem Raj raj.khem at gmail.com
Tue Apr 22 21:20:42 PDT 2014

On Sun, Mar 23, 2014 at 1:35 AM, Khem Raj <raj.khem at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> gcc 4.9 release is coming in summer therefore I have put together the recipes here
>
> http://git.openembedded.org/openembedded-core-contrib/log/?h=kraj/gcc-4.9
>
> So far my testing has been booting angstrom/systemd-image on all supported
> qemu machines (except qemumips64 where there is a know kernel issue) both eglibc/uclibc
> images
>
> we would like to target them for 1.7 release so if you have cycles to test out
> your image/machine combos please do so I would be interested in feedback and would accumulate fixes in this branch
>
> If you run into some issues with some packages then its recommended to go through
>
> http://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-4.9/changes.html
>
> and especially http://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-4.9/porting_to.html
>
> Which could help in cooking patches

Hi All

As you might have noticed gcc 4.9.0 was released today

changed are here http://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-4.9/changes.html

I have updated my contrib tree to use the release tar balls. Please
test the branch out. If you are using OE-Core
standalone you don't need to do anything once you apply the patches
from contrib branch it should select 4.9
I have left 4.8 still there since we want to phase it out only when we
are sure that complete ecosystem is working
fine with 4.9

Thanks
-Khem