[yocto] Minutes: Yocto Project Technical Team Meeting - Tuesday, April 22, 2014 8:00 AM US Pacific Time

Jolley, Stephen K stephen.k.jolley at intel.com
Tue Apr 22 08:23:46 PDT 2014

Attendees: Stephen, Armin, Jessica, Scott, Matthew, Tom, Belen, Ross, Paul, Jefro, Mark, Michael B., Alex, Richard, Michael H., Saul, Nitin,

* Opens collection - 5 min (Stephen)

Armin - When is the best time to request package updates? Saul controls this and usually drives it.  We have a package tracking system and we try to upgrade a number of them early in the release cycle.

Scott - Docs are closed for change as of the end of today for 1.6.

Rob - Version numbers and names?  Release names are at: https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Releases

* Yocto 1.6 status - 5 min (Stephen/team)

  https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Project_v1.6_Status

  https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_1.6_Features

YP 1.6 Status -We had a boot problem with BeagleBone board on rc4.  The fix for just this should finish QA today.  We should be able to ship by the end of the week.

YP 1.5.2 Status - We did a build over the weekend and saw issues with it.  6 to 7 failures were found, we haven't root caused the issues but we will do another build as soon as patches are in to cover it.

YP 1.7 Planning - We are planning the schedule for 1.7 at this time.  If you have 1.7 features you want included, please submit enhancement requests now!

YP 1.6.1 Planning - We are planning to schedule a slot in the 1.7 schedule for 1.6.1, but no critical patches yet drive us to this release.

* SWAT team rotation: Laurentiu -> Nitin

  https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Build_Failure_Swat_Team

* Opens - 10 min

* Team Sharing - 10 min
Michael - The Error report web is up and running.

No meeting next week since most are at ELC or traveling.

Thanks,

Stephen K. Jolley
Yocto Project Program Manager
INTEL, MS JF1-255, 2111 N.E. 25th Avenue, Hillsboro, OR 97124
*   Work Telephone:          (503) 712-0534
*    Cell:                                (208) 244-4460
* Email:                             stephen.k.jolley at intel.com