[yocto] Best practice for adding smart package feed sources to an image

Alex J Lennon ajlennon at dynamicdevices.co.uk
Sun Apr 20 02:59:20 PDT 2014

Hi all,

I'm currently looking at adding smart package management support to an
image I'm building for i.MX6 based on RPMs.

I've managed to work out how to expose the built packages with some
helpful information here, although it presupposes use of opkg

https://communities.intel.com/thread/48408

Then I've managed to manually add the feeds to the target with something
along the lines of this with appropriate entry in /etc/hosts

smart channel --add devel-imx6qsabresd name=devel-imx6qsabresd
type=rpm-md baseurl=http://pkgrepo.my.local/coretexa9_vfp_neon_mx6  -y

So now I'm wondering what best practice is for adding these feeds into
an image automatically? Could anybody advise?

I had a look in the Wiki, and the manual but couldn't see anything
detailing what's needed,

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Smart
http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/current/ref-manual/ref-manual.html#migration-target-package-management-with-rpm

Many thanks,