[yocto] Git fetch with user/pass in a recipe

Ronaldo Nunez ronaldo.viera at gmail.com
Wed Apr 16 14:15:10 PDT 2014

Hi all!

I'm trying to create a custom recipe to a proprietary software from my
company. The code should be fetched from a git server, with username and
password authentication through a http connection (port 8080).

>From the terminal I use the following command line to clone the project:

$ git clone http://username:pass@server:8080/project.git

well in the bitbake recipe, I tried the following in SRC_URI variable, with
no success:

SRC_URI = "git://username:pass@server:8080/project.git;protocol=http"

I also tried:

SRC_URI = "git://server:8080/project.git;protocol=http;user=username"

Again, with no success.

Well, any help is welcome. Thanks in advance.

--
Ronaldo Nunez