[yocto] Building python module after compiling in one recipe

Jens Lucius jenslucius at freenet.de
Thu Apr 10 14:40:42 PDT 2014

Hi

I am trying to bitbake pjproject including the python module. I manged
to write a working .bb recipe for the latest pjproject, which compiles
and installes correctly. But I also want to build the python module.

The documentation of pjproject says about building the python module:

 1. Build the PJSIP libraries first with the usual "./configure && make
    dep && make" commands.
 2. Go to pjsip-apps/src/python directory.
 3. Run *'sudo python ./setup.py install'* or just *'sudo make'*

So I guess with the working recipe I got part 1. I tried to do stepts 2
and 3 by adding the following:

do_compile_append() {
export BUILD_SYS
export HOST_SYS
export STAGING_INCDIR
export STAGING_LIBDIR

cd ${S}/pjsip-apps/src/python
oe_runmake
}

which starts the building process but then terminates with:

| cc1: warning: include location "/usr/include/python2.7" is unsafe for
cross-compilation [-Wpoison-system-directories]
| In file included from _pjsua.c:20:0:
| _pjsua.h:25:20: fatal error: Python.h: No such file or directory

So I guess it is trying to use the host python for building the module
(which is obviously not correct).

So can I build them both in one recipe and how? And if built correctly
how to install the modules?

Thanks for your help.