[yocto] Dogfooding and usability testing Toaster

Rudolf Streif rudolf.streif at linux.com
Wed Apr 9 16:33:03 PDT 2014

Hi Belen,

That is exciting. I just ran with it and started a build with toaster in
the background. A couple of observations from the get-go:

   - South 0.8.4 is also needed in addition to Django. The Toaster Wiki [1]
   does not say that but the Contribute to Toaster page [2] does.
   - You need to run 'sudo pip install ...' for Django and South otherwise
   the installation fails with 'permission denied' for /usr/lib/python2.7
   - Clicking on "Show me the manual" in the Toaster UI directs to [3]
   which requires a log in
   - Is it possible to relocate/rename the toaster.sqlite database via
   configuration setting? If so, could I use the same database for different
   build environments?

Thanks,
Rudi

[1] https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Toaster#Installation_and_Running