[yocto] do_populate_sysroot_setscene needs pseudo-native

Chris Larson clarson at kergoth.com
Wed Apr 9 14:00:03 PDT 2014

On Wed, Apr 9, 2014 at 1:52 PM, Jate S <jatedev at gmail.com> wrote:

> WARNING: Setscene task 45
> (/home/jate/workspace/poky/meta/recipes-connectivity/avahi/
> avahi-ui_0.6.31.bb,
> do_populate_sysroot_setscene) failed with exit code '1' - real task
> will be run instead
>
> The task log.do_populate_sysroot_setscene has the following WARNING:
>
> NOTE: Performing useradd with [--root
> /home/jate/workspace/poky/qemux86/tmp/sysroots/qemux86 --system --home
> /var/run/avahi-daemon                               --no-create-home
> --shell /bin/false                               --user-group avahi]
> and 10 times of retry
>
> /home/jate/workspace/poky/qemux86/tmp/work/i586-poky-linux/avahi-ui/0.6.31-r7.0/temp/run.useradd_sysroot_sstate.17299:
> line 284:
> /home/jate/workspace/poky/qemux86/tmp/sysroots/i686-linux/usr/bin/pseudo:
> No such file or directory
> WARNING: useradd command did not succeed. Retrying...
>
> If I bitbake pseudo-native manually first, I can eliminate the
> warning. I tried adding pseudo-native to the useradd.bbclass, but that
> doesn't cause a rebuild.
>
> Any thoughts on how to do this?

You likely need something like:

    do_populate_sysroot_setscene[depends] +=
"pseudo-native:do_populate_sysroot_setscene"

If you grep around oe-core/poky, there are a couple examples of this. I
actually just ran into a case like this, where gdk-pixbuf-native needed
jpeg-native to run its setscene postinst, but the dep was missing, causing
setscene failure.
--
Christopher Larson
clarson at kergoth dot com