[yocto] Minutes: Yocto Project Technical Team Meeting - Tuesday, April 8, 2014 8:00 AM US Pacific Time

Jolley, Stephen K stephen.k.jolley at intel.com
Tue Apr 8 10:01:43 PDT 2014

Attendees: Jessica, Scott, Vali, Stephen, Tom, Jefro, Matthew, Belen, Alex G., Mark, Denys, Richard, Darren, Saul Alex D., Paul, Nitin, Michael H., Michael B., Sean,

* Opens collection - 5 min (Stephen)

* Yocto 1.6 status - 5 min (Stephen/team)

  https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Project_v1.6_Status

  https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_1.6_Features

YP 1.6 final rc2 is in QA.  It is looking like rc3 which will be in QA next week could be the final release of 1.6 and rolled to production.   We are on track for the 4/25 final release date.   We are in planning for 1.7 milestones.  They should be finalized with features planned by the end of April or early May.  If you have features you would like in 1.7 please insure you have posted the details as a 1.7 enhancement to bugzilla.

* SWAT team rotation: Cristiana -> Laurentiu

  https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Build_Failure_Swat_Team

* Opens - 10 min

Vali - Meta-cgl (Carrier Grade Linux) we are making progress on this layer.  Feedback would be welcome to insure it has all the features needed to make it solid.

Sean - Reminder that after ELC will be the OE meeting on 5/2 & 5/3 in San Jose.  For details see:  http://www.openembedded.org/wiki/OEDAM

* Team Sharing - 10 min

Michael B. - Starting on next generation planning on flash upgrades.  Have been reviewing CoreOS and Android.  We would like suggestions on flash upgrade plans and specs.  We discussed some items but deployment should be a 1.7 feature, so if we can get some good ideas or solutions in the plan for 1.7. Need to find a group willing to do the work if we want this to happen.  We also need a lead/maintainer to be the driver/owner of this proposal.
Michael H. - Updating Yocto SQL DB's and insuring we have support going forward.

Thanks,

Stephen K. Jolley
Yocto Project Program Manager
INTEL, MS JF1-255, 2111 N.E. 25th Avenue, Hillsboro, OR 97124
*   Work Telephone:          (503) 712-0534
*    Cell:                                (208) 244-4460
* Email:                             stephen.k.jolley at intel.com