[yocto] Yocto cross-compile for Galileo

Beiser, Roy roy.beiser at intel.com
Sun Apr 6 04:40:56 PDT 2014

Thanks James, I'll give it a try .
Roy

From: Woodyatt, James
Sent: Wednesday, April 02, 2014 2:18 AM
To: Beiser, Roy
Cc: yocto at yoctoproject.org
Subject: Re: [yocto] Yocto cross-compile for Galileo

Mr. Beiser-

I don't think the specifics you want have been written down. We haven't investigated using Eclipse for cross-development with Galileo, but it seems reasonable to expect that you should be able to follow the instructions in the Quark Board Support Package Guide to build a toolchain.  Where you will encounter trouble is getting Eclipse to download, run and debug software on the Galileo board- which has a custom serial port protocol for communicating with the Arduino IDE for Galileo that basically supports downloading sketches and installing new capsule firmware images, and that's it.

-
james woodyatt <james.woodyatt at intel.com<mailto:james.woodyatt at intel.com>>
Software Architect, New Devices Group