[yocto] how can i add gdb to my toolchain ?

Stuart Longland stuartl at vrt.com.au
Sun Apr 6 02:45:32 PDT 2014

On 06/04/14 18:37, Sabri Altunbas wrote:
> I have all the tools for building... except
>
> arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-gdb
> Can someone say me where and how can I add "...-gdb" to my toolchain ?

Can you not take standard gdb sources and do a `./configure
--target=arm-poky-linux-gnueabi`?

Building a full cross-compiling is a royal PITA, been there more than
once and usually I stop at building a bare-bones C compiler as I find
doing a C library maddening.

In this case, the Yocto (OpenEmbedded?) build scripts have done all the
hard work for you.
--
Stuart Longland
Systems Engineer