[yocto] how to set LICENSE for llvm in .bb file

Guo, Yejun yejun.guo at intel.com
Wed Apr 2 22:34:32 PDT 2014

Thanks Elizabeth!

-----Original Message-----
From: Flanagan, Elizabeth [mailto:elizabeth.flanagan at intel.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 03, 2014 1:16 PM
To: Guo, Yejun
Cc: yocto at yoctoproject.org
Subject: Re: [yocto] how to set LICENSE for llvm in .bb file

As it's not going into core, I would the license to your layer by adding a custom license directory to your layer.conf:

# Additional license directories.
LICENSE_PATH += "${LAYERDIR}/custom-licenses"

Place the license in custom-license. I'd name it NCSA-1.0. Then I would reference that in your .bb file:

LICENSE = "NCSA-1.0 & ...... (llvm has a few other licenses iirc)

On Wed, Apr 2, 2014 at 7:16 PM, Guo, Yejun <yejun.guo at intel.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm adding package llvm which has its own license: University of Illinois/NCSA Open Source License, see at http://llvm.org/releases/3.4/LICENSE.TXT .  I tried something for LICENSE in .bb file, but is not recognized by the system. Could you please let me know how to set this value? Thanks a lot!
>

> Thanks

Elizabeth Flanagan
Yocto Project
Build and Release