[yocto] busybox: ifplugd link not removed on upgrade

Bryan Evenson bevenson at melinkcorp.com
Wed Apr 2 14:03:07 PDT 2014

All,

I'm on poky/dylan, and previously I had BusyBox configured to use ifplugd.  I am changing things around and I have removed the ifplugd configuration option.  When I upgraded Busybox on my target device, the /usr/bin/ifplugd soft link stayed.  I verified that ifplugd is no longer listed in /etc/busybox.links.nosuid on my target device.  I'm assuming this means it may be an issue for any applet that I would remove from Busybox.

Has anyone else been seeing this issue?  Or, has there been a related fix under the master branch?  I did a quick look and I didn't see any obvious patches under Busybox.

Thanks,
Bryan Evenson