[yocto] Help-Gstreamer Vaapi Plugin Issue in 1080p mp4 playback

Dipesh Karmakar Dipesh.Karmakar at hcl.com
Wed Apr 2 06:43:10 PDT 2014

We have checked avi, mp4, 3gp, ogv and many other extensions with gst-launch-0.10 playbin, all are playing properly except 1080p-mp4; its playing kind of slow-motion taking cpu usage >60%. Log reveals, lots of buffer drop in sink side.

gst-launch-0.10 playbin2 + mp4/avi is failing with following error,

libva: VA-API version 0.32.0
libva: va_getDriverName() returns 0
libva: Trying to open /usr/lib/dri/i965_drv_video.so
libva: Found init function __vaDriverInit_0_32
libva error: /usr/lib/dri/i965_drv_video.so init failed
libva: va_openDriver() returns -1
vaInitialize failed with error code -1 (unknown libva error),exit

Based on the log, it's clear that playbin is using soft-decoder incase hw-decoder fails, hence taking high cpu usage, however playbin2 is only taking hw-decoder.

Dipesh