[yocto] copying media files to qemux86

Burton, Ross ross.burton at intel.com
Wed Apr 2 04:19:27 PDT 2014

On 2 April 2014 12:06, Bhushan Shirsath <bhushan.az at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm able to successfully launch "runqemu qemux86".
> Now i intend to test the media libs built using Yocto on qemu currently.
> Is it possible to transfer/copy media files to qemux86 emulator ?
>
> I tried copying files to tmp/sysroots/qemux86/ but it didn't work.

The sysroot isn't the image. To get content into the image there are
several ways, depending on what need to do:

1) make a recipe for the files and install the resulting packages into the image
2) boot the image and then copy the files using scp
3) loopback mount the filesystem and copy the files before booting the image

Ross