[yocto] Help-Gstreamer Vaapi Plugin Issue in 1080p mp4 playback

Burton, Ross ross.burton at intel.com
Wed Apr 2 03:49:52 PDT 2014

On 1 April 2014 10:05, Meenakumari Shedole <meenakumari.s at hcl.com> wrote:
> I have used libva-intel-driver-1.2.0 as a part of meta-intel on Dora as the recipes provided by Intel. I can attach bb file also if its needed.
> Have build Intel va source manually and now we can able to sink with vaapisink in its own window.
> We are not able to use vaapisink with AVI/3GP files, asking for some missing video/x-surface.
>
> I have checked vaapisink source, it seems its supporting overlay on foreign X window.
> https://gitorious.org/vaapi/gstreamer-vaapi/source/643d35e87a67376af9cd89cd868666368b105ac3:gst/vaapisink/gstvaapisink.c
> static gboolean gst_vaapisink_implements_interface_supported();
> static gboolean gst_vaapisink_ensure_window_xid();

The most important thing to do here is to do testing with gst-launch
to remove your application causing problems.  Embedding pipelines
(especially using vaapi) into other windows isn't trivial and its
possible that your application is causing the problem.    If
"gst-launch playbin2" works fine for all of your files then your
application is causing the problem.

Ross