[yocto] ADT/SDK and cmake - generating the toolchain/cmake config

Jonathan Austin jonathan.austin at arm.com
Tue Apr 1 09:22:38 PDT 2014

Hi all,

The ADT documentation walks you through building an 'app' using
autoconf/make, and the environment setup script that is created as part
of the SDK build contains all the necessary autofoo/environment
variables. This is great, and I've worked through the autotools example
happily. Thanks :)

What I can't find, though, is anything that does the equivalent for
cmake. I'm new to cmake so could be missing something obvious, but after
seeing the 'environment-setup-TARGET' files (the ones at
/opt/poky/1.5.1/) I thought there might also be a cmake toolchain file
(toolchain-TARGET.cmake, for example) or some other cmake-foo.

I can see that cmake support was merged for Eclipse/ADT, so it seems
like cmake could be supported 'outside the IDE', but I can't quite see
how what I ought to twiddle to do this. I found the tantalizingly named
'cmake_do_generate_toolchain_file()' and all the other relevant stuff in
meta/classes/cmake.bbclass, but I don't know what the 'right' way to
propagate all that stuff into the SDK/ADT would be.

Any help with getting started would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Jonny