[yocto] Help-Gstreamer Vaapi Plugin Issue in 1080p mp4 playback

Meenakumari Shedole meenakumari.s at hcl.com
Tue Apr 1 02:05:47 PDT 2014

Thanks for your input.

I have used libva-intel-driver-1.2.0 as a part of meta-intel on Dora as the recipes provided by Intel. I can attach bb file also if its needed.
Have build Intel va source manually and now we can able to sink with vaapisink in its own window.
We are not able to use vaapisink with AVI/3GP files, asking for some missing video/x-surface.

I have checked vaapisink source, it seems its supporting overlay on foreign X window.
https://gitorious.org/vaapi/gstreamer-vaapi/source/643d35e87a67376af9cd89cd868666368b105ac3:gst/vaapisink/gstvaapisink.c
static gboolean gst_vaapisink_implements_interface_supported();
static gboolean gst_vaapisink_ensure_window_xid();

However when I am trying to set the window to the sink using gst_x_overlay_set_xwindow_id OR gst_x_overlay_set_window_handle API's I am getting following runtime error.

    SetWindowId() in Pipes/PASE_MW_MediaPipe.cpp, line 403: window id 69206022d
    libva: VA-API version 0.32.0
    libva: va_getDriverName() returns 0
    libva: Trying to open /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/dri/i965_drv_video.so
    libva: va_openDriver() returns 0

    GStreamer-CRITICAL **: gst_util_fraction_multiply: assertion `a_d != 0' failed

BTW I am not aware of reparent window.

We have run the same setup in desktop side Ubuntu also (GST vaapi Version: 0.3.6), resulting the same.

Thanks and Regards.
Meena