[yocto] [meta-selinux] Updated meta-selinux -- master-next

Philip Tricca flihp at twobit.us
Sat Sep 28 12:46:18 PDT 2013

On 09/27/2013 03:58 PM, Joe MacDonald wrote:
> [[yocto] [meta-selinux] Updated meta-selinux -- master-next] On 13.09.19 (Thu 13:41) Mark Hatle wrote:
>
>> I have updated meta-selinux, and placed the update into the 'master-next' branch.
>>
>> This was locally tested with Poky as of commit
>> 853bc53cd58a621918f0e5ce662dba263d1befb4.
>>
>> Note, when building the core-image-selinux, the internal refpolicies
>> cause a lot of failures.  I'm not an expert on how this should be
>> configured, so I'm looking for help/patches from others.
>>
>> If you know of any other additional patches that should be applied,
>> or are able to help with the refpolicies, please let me know!
>>
>> Thanks!
>> --Mark
>
> I just pushed a new (non-ff!) update to master-next.  It includes the
> following:
>
>    - Mark Hatle: policycoreutils: avoid shell for checking target-special actions
>    - Mark Hatle: setools: Uprev setools
>    - Mark Hatle: README: Update status
>    - Mark Hatle: libcap-ng: Uprev libcap-ng
>    - Mark Hatle: audit: Uprev to audit 2.3.2
>    - Mark Hatle: swig: Update to latest swig from meta-openembedded
>    - Mark Hatle: python-ipy: Uprev to latest 0.81 version
>    - Mark Hatle: distro/*: Update the distro files
>    - Christopher Larson: layer.conf: avoid unnecessary early expansion with :=
>    - Qiang Chen: selinux: remove reference to locale env files from login
>    - Mark Hatle: linux-yocto: Add support for the 3.10 kernel
>    - Xin Ouyang: kernel: add BBAPPEND for linux 3.10

Can I put in a request to cherry-pick the 3.10 kernel update down to master? This is independent from all of the tools / policy updates and it would be very convenient for those of us building against master oe-core. As of now a build of meta-selinux master against oe-core master results in an image that will panic on boot as linux-yocto builds the 3.10 kernel and the selinux distros don't prefer a kernel with an available selinux config (3.8 is the most recent).

Thanks,
- Philip