[yocto] Antwort: Re: Is it possible to add machine specific changes in a separate custom layer?

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Wed Sep 25 05:33:04 PDT 2013

Hi Felix,

On Wednesday 25 September 2013 10:19:41 Felix01 Fischer wrote:
> One Question: I want to add changes to a %MACHINE.conf via my layer
> (to be specific: I want to add "APPEND += "video=LVDS-1:d" to
> meta-intel/meta-chiefriver/conf/machine/chiefriver.conf)
> Is this also possible via a separate layer? Once again, I didn't find out
> via the documentation. ATM I have to modify the chiefriver.conf directly

Really the way to do this kind of thing is to have your own custom distro
config. If you're doing anything beyond the basics you should probably have one
anyway. Generally this kind of thing is usually about how you are using the
machine as opposed to supporting the machine itself, so it's more of a distro
policy type situation.

Cheers,
Paul

--