[yocto] Problems with the ADT installation

Zhang, Jessica jessica.zhang at intel.com
Tue Sep 24 14:31:23 PDT 2013

Please see my answer below.

From: Dusty Clark [mailto:dclark at mmto.org]
Sent: Tuesday, September 24, 2013 2:09 PM
To: Zhang, Jessica
Cc: yocto at yoctoproject.org
Subject: Re: [yocto] Problems with the ADT installation

Hello Jessica,

OK, so for plain application development, I don't need eglibc-devel
library...just the cross-development toolchain and whatever recipes and
whatnot for my target, yes?

[JZ] correct for app devel you really need the cross toolchain and the
sysroot which contains the target libraries and headers.

For the record, I downloaded the ADT tarball from here:
http://downloads.yoctoproject.org/releases/yocto/yocto-1.4/adt-installer/

The link in the manual is a 404, so I found this one by modifying the link
location in the browser.

Then I browsed around and found what I thought was the closest snapshot, and
edited the adt_installer.conf as follows:

#YOCTOADT_REPO="http://adtrepo-dev.yoctoproject.org//1.4.2-d734ab491a30078d4
3dee5440c03acce2d251425-dylan
<http://adtrepo-dev.yoctoproject.org/1.4.2-d734ab491a30078d43dee5440c03acce2
d251425-dylan> "

#Edit by Dusty 9/24/13, since the original repo target is a 404:
YOCTOADT_REPO="http://adtrepo-dev.yoctoproject.org/1.4+snapshot-6b4f7e4b26c5
1f0c1517c0a697031e7bc488b76f-master/"

And of course this failed as mentioned. I attach the installer logfile for
your reference...I tried it twice, once with the bad link and again with the
edit.

[JZ] I just realized that you're using 1.4 release, can you try to download
the adt-installer from
http://downloads.yoctoproject.org/releases/yocto/yocto-1.4.2/adt-installer/
to ensure using the right adtrepo? You shouldn't need to manually tweak the
adtrepo in the config file.

Thanks for your help!

Dusty Clark
Staff Engineer Sr.