[yocto] [meta] (crownbay) rpmbuild and install-sh not being shipped in recipes-devtools/rpm

Bill Martin billmartin544 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 23 14:18:47 PDT 2013

I notice rpm_5.4.9.bb in my Yocto 9.0.2 (poky-dylan-9.02) does explicitly
have rpmbuild and install-sh in FILES_${PN}-build section but somehow those
don't get shipped into my deployed image. I see them in sysroots. in the
recipe I moved these to the section under FILES_${PN}. After that those two
files have been put into my image:

/usr/bin/rpmbuild
/usr/lib/rpm/bin/install-sh

I do not know what the real fix is. The original recipe looks right but my
changes caused these two files to be shipped.

thanks

Bill Martin
Valicore Technologies