[yocto] Building a Poky distribution based on Wayland/Weston 1.2

Ewan LE BIDEAU-CANEVET ewan.lbc at gmail.com
Thu Sep 19 03:08:08 PDT 2013

Hello,

I'm currently trying to have a poky distribution with Wayland/Weston 1.2
and no X server at all. I think I have successfully ported
Wayland/Weston to 1.2 version and disabled the X server, so here is my
questions :

1) Does this project interest you ?

2) How can I test if Wayland  has been correctly built ?

Currently, the Weston shell is up and running.

3) Knowing I started my project from Poky and Open-Embedded
repositories, on which upstream repository can I deliver my work ?

I added a poky distro configuration that seems to be delivered into
Yocto git , is it correct?

About the changes around Weston & Wayland, the new bb files should be
delivered in YOCTO or OpenEmbedded project?

Thank you for your attention.

Ewan Le Bideau-Canévet