[yocto] [DYLAN] RPATH issue with qt5's qtwebkit

Fathi Boudra fathi.boudra at linaro.org
Wed Sep 18 14:52:15 PDT 2013

On 17 September 2013 04:23, Trevor Woerner <trevor.woerner at linaro.org> wrote:
> Hi Fathi,
>
> On 26 August 2013 07:11, Fathi Boudra <fathi.boudra at linaro.org> wrote:
>> I haven't checked how qtwebkit is built or meta-qt5, but the Qt's
>> configure has -no-rpath option. A grep on meta-qt5 doesn't show any
>> usage of it.
>
> A "-no-rpath" option looks like something that might be passed to
> ./configure? I'm not sure if things are done differently on master,
> but on dylan qmake is used to generate the Makefiles. Or is
> "-no-rpath" something that can be passed to "qmake"?

It's a configure argument. Unfortunately, it doesn't help in this case.
afaics, most distro are using chrpath hack to get rid of it in
QtWebProcess and QtWebPluginProcess.
A "proper" fix ins't available yet... it doesn't seem trivial, see
https://github.com/WebKit/webkit/commit/069ee433aba1ae8ae5107784b22bd6ade830a012