[yocto] Problems building util-linux when wide character support is disabled in distro

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Wed Sep 18 01:12:32 PDT 2013

Hi Hans,

On Tuesday 17 September 2013 21:14:50 Hans Beckerus wrote:
> The way forward as I can see right
> now is to revert and put back the wide character support in libc. Unless I
> can figure out why util-linux is actually being built in the first place?
> What can cause dependencies to this package? It is not part of our
> IMAGE_FEATURES directly, nor indirectly and is not installed in our rootfs.
> But something requires it. Any hints on how to trace this back?

Look at the dot graphs produced by bitbake -g (too large to be viewed in a
viewer, but you can look at them in text form) or use bitbake -g -u depexp
which provides a UI for exploring dependencies.

FWIW, looking at the graphs here for core-image-minimal, udev is the most
likely culprit unless you have something else that needs it (e.g. e2fsprogs).

Cheers,
Paul

--

Paul Eggleton