[yocto] QMake & externalsrc incompatible?

Brad Litterell brad at evidence.com
Tue Sep 17 12:20:23 PDT 2013

I have a number of QT components that have qmake style .pro files.

In my recipe I inherit both externalsrc & qmake2.  I'm using qmake2 based on the quicky sample recipe since I don't need X11 or the other GUI libraries.

In the bitbake work folder, the generated run.do_configure script resembles this:

cd /home/brad/ecom/build/toolchain/work/.../ecomapi-2.0-r0/ecomapi-2.0/
PROFILES="`ls *.pro`"

This is the location where a tarball would normally be unpacked, but in this case I'm using externalsrc and the source files are not here.  Therefore the ls *.pro doesn't return anything for the automatic profile detection and the build fails.

My recipe is very simple (removing the description & licensing):

PV = "2.0"
inherit externalsrc qmake2
S = "${OEBASE}/ecomapi"

OEBASE in this case is the /home/brad/ecom folder

I looked in the yocto bugzilla and didn't find a known issue for this.  Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,
Brad