[yocto] How to reduce deploy/ipks only to what is contained on image?

Bryan Evenson bevenson at melinkcorp.com
Tue Sep 17 05:35:20 PDT 2013

All,

I have an image that is based upon core-image-minimal (build poky/dylan-9.0.1) with a few extra packages.  In total, 'opkg list-installed' on my target system shows about 100 packages installed.  I am using the tmp/deploy/ipk directory as I have built as a basis for firmware upgrade for my devices, but there are many more packages in the ipk directories than my target system is using.  The folder for my target architecture has around 3500 .ipk files, so there is a lot of clutter in the ipk directories.  It'd be a lot more portable for firmware upgrade if I could reduce the contents of the ipk directory (and the resulting Packages and Packages.gz files) only contain the packages my system needs.

What is the easiest way to recreate the tmp/deploy/ipk directories to only contain the packages that are needed by the built image and have the package index match those contents?

Thanks,
Bryan