[yocto] Add nfs package to image minimal for atom-pc

Philipp Wagner lists at philipp-wagner.com
Mon Sep 16 12:32:38 PDT 2013

Am 16.09.2013 19:06, Khem Raj wrote:

> On Sep 16, 2013, at 4:04 AM, Jack <jackrubby2010 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I have already tested it. But I got error again. Error is :
>>
>> Computing transaction...error: Can't install nfs-utils-1.2.7-r0 at core2: no
>> package provides /bin/bash
>>
>> What can I do?
>
> well, you can add bash to your image using IMAGE_INSTALL or something however that might
> hide potential problem where may be there is one script in nfs-utils wanting bash which
> can be split into a package of its own. If you can file a bug in yocto bugzilla to track it as well

nfs-utils contains a couple bash scripts, e.g. osd_login or start-statd.
Both use in its current state at least some bash specifics, so they need
to either be modified to work with any shell, split out or bash needs
to be added as dependency. I already reported this on the mailing list
some months ago, but since then I simply added bash to the image, as I
was told that adding bash as dependency is a no-go.

Philipp