[yocto] Bitbake on live (uncommitted) code

Brad Litterell brad at evidence.com
Thu Sep 12 16:53:04 PDT 2013

Hi,

I've grown to really appreciate bitbake for compiling code from a myriad of sources, however, what is the recommended course for source I am currently doing live development on?  My code base lives in a couple of git repos that do NOT map one-to-one with recipes and I don't really want to store the source mixed in with the recipe meta data anyway, nor do I want to be forced to commit it to git just to do a build.

Currently I run a pre-bitbake script that creates a tarball out of the source, but that is easy to forget and makes building a new image a two step proces.  Since it is a build step I'd like it to be done by bitbake.

Is there a recommended way to go about this?

Thanks,
Brad