[yocto] Error while building a custom image

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Thu Sep 12 08:12:32 PDT 2013

On Thursday 12 September 2013 19:31:59 Ashish Dalela wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 12, 2013 at 7:27 PM, Nicolas Dechesne <
> nicolas.dechesne at linaro.org> wrote:
> > On Thu, Sep 12, 2013 at 3:52 PM, Ashish Dalela
> > <ashish.dalela at gmail.com>wrote:
> >> I tried a small change. I removed the packagegroup entry and added the
> >> following to meta/recipes-extended/images/core-image-basic.bb
> >>
> >> IMAGE_INSTALL += "tpmc"
> >>
> >> Now, when I do a bitbake core-image-basic, I get this error:
> >>
> >> *Error: tpmc not found in the base feeds (qemux86 i586 i486 i386 x86
> >> noarch any all).*
> >> *
> >> *
> >> Can someone please help? It's probably something quite simple but I'm not
> >> getting it.
> >
> > did you add your layer to BBLAYERS in conf/bblayer.conf file?
> >
> > does "bitbake tpmc" actually build your recipe?
>
> Yes, bitbake tpmc is successful.
>
> Also, I added my layer to the BBLAYERS in the build/conf/bblayers.conf file.

Without further details it sounds like a "tpmc" package is being provided by a
recipe, but when it came to packaging for that recipe, the "tpmc" package was
empty. Check that the "tpmc" recipe has appropriate PACKAGES / FILES values
and that files are being installed into the correct paths within in do_install.

Cheers,
Paul

--

Paul Eggleton