[yocto] How to change machine name in yocto

Hans Beckérus hans.beckerus at gmail.com
Thu Sep 12 00:55:59 PDT 2013

On Thu, Sep 12, 2013 at 9:11 AM, amit tomer <amittomer25 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Hans for kind reply
>
> I somehow manage to change the machine name in build confriguation
>
> Build Configuration:
> BB_VERSION        = "1.18.0"
> BUILD_SYS         = "x86_64-linux"
> NATIVELSBSTRING   = "RedHatEnterpriseServer-5.6"
> TARGET_SYS        = "arm-poky-linux-gnueabi"
> MACHINE           = "k2"
> DISTRO            = "poky"
> DISTRO_VERSION    = "1.4.1"
> TUNE_FEATURES     = "armv7a vfp neon callconvention-hard cortexa15"
> TARGET_FPU        = "vfp-neon"
> meta
> meta-yocto
>

> Now machine name is K2 for me,what I did is rename the
> "/meta-xyz/conf/machine/pyp-ii.conf  to k2.conf and set  MACHINE=k2 in
> build/conf/local.conf .
>

> But my bitbake is still failing with different error this time.
>
> Could you please let me know whats needs to be changed in
> "build/conf/bblayers.conf file"  in order to change machine name. below is
> my "build/conf/bblayers.conf" file

Since your MACHINE is presented as "k2", the .conf file has been
picked up correctly. So far so good.
You should not need to add anything else in your bblayers.conf.
The new errors you are referring to might have nothing to do with your
current MACHINE setting.
You need to show the actual error you get. Not much we can do to help otherwise.

Thanks.
Hans