[yocto] How to change machine name in yocto

Hans Beckérus hans.beckerus at gmail.com
Wed Sep 11 07:56:52 PDT 2013

The MACHINE is simply a pointer to a machine specific configuration
file. So if you set your MACHINE=foo, then somewhere in your bblayer
path(s) you need to make sure that a conf/machine/foo.conf is
available. Then it will use that.
Typically, I think you should do this in your own bsp meta, eg.
meta-foo/conf/machine/foo.conf and then add meta-foo to your
build/conf/bblayers.conf file.

Thanks,
Hans