[yocto] error in : $ runqemu qemux86 ( Arun M Kumar)

arun kumar arunkr.linux at gmail.com
Tue Sep 10 01:41:50 PDT 2013

 I have built my first image with the Yocto Project build environment, I

have the image ready.

when I do.

$ runqemu qemux86

I get the following error.

There was an error running bitbake to determine TMPDIR

Here is the output from 'bitbake -e':

ERROR: Unable to parse conf/bitbake.conf: conf/bitbake.conf:18: unparsed

line: 'xport exec_prefix = "/usr"'

I have figured out the error, with some help from IRC channels.
The mistake was

I somehow corrupted my  " poky/meta/conf/bitbake.conf" file.

deleted the letter 'e' from the string "export".

Thats all that was wrong. Corrected it, now everything working fine.